Congratulations! You are soon to be married, and you are organizing the last details, like packing for your honeymoon. What a joy! The honeymoon; that eagerly awaited trip to take the stress off and savour a beautiful vacation with your partner.
Of course, you will pack your usual clothes like when you pack for any other trip, considering the destination and the type of activities you will do. Still, there are other things you should take into account when packing for such an unforgettable journey as to make it even extra special.
No matter where you are going for your honeymoon, whether you are trekking through the Amazon jungle or you are sailing on an all-inclusive cruise; it will be a trip you’ll remember for the rest of your life. Even though love is all you need, giving romantic surprises to your partner will make it extremely memorable. Here are some romantic tips (and what you should pack to make them happen):
- Lingerie: Make it romantic and sexy! You should pack a lace camis to surprise your partner.
- Tealight candles: You could pack a few to set a romantic environment in your room.
- Love notes: Take a notepad and a pen with you, then you can leave love messages to your beloved, hidden throughout the room waiting to be found.
- Essential oils: You can give your partner a nice massage with essential oils; that is always a beautiful caress.
- Small gifts: Think of small things you can pack to present as an occasional gift during the trip. It is even better if they are handmade.
What to pack in your hand luggage
It would help if you packed all the essential and essential things in your carry-on luggage, such as:
- Credit cards and cash: Don’t forget to let your bank know you are travelling. And in case you are visiting a country with another currency, you should exchange money in advance.
- Passport and driver’s license
- Copies of essential documents: In case one of them goes missing, you should always have copies of everything; passports, visas, hotel reservation, etc.
- Travel insurance: Hire a travel insurance company to be covered against mishaps like lost luggage, medical emergencies, or trip cancellations.
- Emergency contact information: Write down who to call in case of an emergency and keep it in a place where people can find it.
- Electronics: Your phone, E-reader (or similar), camera and their chargers.
- Medications: In case you need any.
- Clothes: At least a sweater or similar to warm you up in case the weather gets colder. And if you have space, it is always convenient to take a complete change of clothes.
- Toiletry bag with personal hygiene products
Clothing: Keep it simple
Women always tend to overdo when it comes to packing their bags. Try to keep it simple, that way you (or your partner) won’t have to carry around colossal and massive luggage. An excellent way to achieve this task is to pack shoes and clothes that are both fashionable and comfortable, like shoes comfy enough to use on the plain and chic enough to go out for dinner. Long or short sober cotton dresses, preferably one colour, can be an excellent choice too. Always make room for cold-weather clothes in case you need them; and also for a trekking outfit, including shoes, for when you have to do physical activities. Moreover, whatever you do, don’t forget your sexy lingerie or your cami to surprise your partner with a special night.
Necessary elements it is best to have
Of course you can buy whatever you need in your destination place; but it is better to prevent and pack a small first-aid kit with Band-Aids, painkillers, disinfectant ointment and sunburn treatment.
In addition, it is better to pack safety supplies such as sunblock, insect repellent, hand sanitizer, a power outlet adapter and something like a utility knife or multitool.
By taking these precautions you’ll be covered in case of any eventuality. Now that you know what to pack, you can relax and start dreaming about your magical honeymoon without stressing out. Have a wonderful trip!