Wrinkles are one of the biggest and irritating skin problems and can affect a lot of people from skin problems to old age, the reasons for wrinkles are many.
Forehead wrinkles can be caused due to low nutrition in diet and due to stress in many people, young and old alike. The decrease in rest time and constant work and strain can also cause them.TV commercials often advertise products for getting rid of forehead frown lines and some of them can be harmful in the long run as well. Apart from ageing, engaging in certain facial movements can have a long-lasting effect on the skin pattern and lead to semi-permanent marks in the form of wrinkles.
Pollution and smoking can also cause forehead wrinkles in some cases. High exposure to sunlight can also affect the skin structure and lead to such marks in the long run.
Many people tend to resort to botox treatment/surgery to get rid of wrinkles and ageing marks. The treatment is considered safe due to quality and safety standards with modern technology.
It is done by using a chemical prepared from botulin and is cosmetically injecting it. Though the source of the chemical is very dangerous in nature, proper safety measures are taken to render it safe for application.
However, with research and practice, there are 25 alternatives to botox treatment have been developed which work with great efficacy.
- Some anti-wrinkle creams work quite good to remove forehead wrinkles. Alpha Hydroxy Acid is often an ingredient in those along with chemicals for vitamin A and vitamin C which help in rejuvenating the skin.
- Using certain facial exercises can help in removing such marks over time and it is a very safe technique without the use of any chemicals or external elements.
- Coconut oil is an excellent remedy for forehead wrinkles. It moisturizes the skin and helps in protecting the skin from damage caused by the sun.
- Reducing, or better, quitting smoking can help in reducing such marks to an extent.
- Like coconut oil, olive oil can also help in repairing damage on facial cells and help in the process.
- Some have even suggested applying lemon juice on the forehead to reduce marks.
- Steps must be taken to ensure adequate sleep and rest to reduce stress and help in removing those marks gradually.
- Hydration is also necessary. We must have water frequently to keep our body hydrated and the skin fresh.
- Forehead massage can also go a long way in easing the muscles and making the marks go away over time.
- Some people have had good results from scrubbing the skin and exfoliating it, thus leading to the marks getting removed and the dead skin replaced with good skin.
- Petroleum jelly is also considered a great remedy for forehead wrinkles through its moisturizing properties.
- Applying honey on the forehead can rejuvenate the skin and get rid of many skin problems.
- Castor oil is also used by many for improving blood circulation and removing marks. Castor oil is also an antioxidant and has a lot of nutrients for the skin along with hydration properties.
- Flaxseed oil also works great in repairing skin with Omega-3 fatty acids which are antioxidants.
- Jojoba oil contains B-complex vitamins and vitamin E which can help in healing burns and also reduce wrinkles.
- Almond oil also has Omega-3 fatty acids along with other nutrients such as antioxidants and vitamin E which help in skin repair and freshening.
- Syn-ake: It’s the leading wrinkle-free ingredient that mimics same effect of snake venom. It’s been commercially sold under name Bioxin Cream and has been great success in keeping skin resilient and firm.
- Masks made with egg whites can help in removing dead skin from the forehead and also remove excess oil. The protein in the egg helps improve the elasticity of the skin and cleanse it. Egg whites also help in slowing down skin ageing to a great extent.
- Known for its healing and good cooling properties, Aloe vera gel contains vitamins A, B, C and E and together and is an antioxidant. It helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin and moisturizes it. And with all these combines, it helps in reducing frown marks on the skin.
- Dead cells can also be cleaned with masks made from yoghurt which contains alpha hydroxy acid and by adding aloe vera gel and brown sugar, it can be made into a good combination for exfoliating the skin and promote collagen production which is an essential part of increasing the elasticity of the skin and thus, reduce wrinkles.
- Vitamin-rich food items and fruits help in skin damage repair and are one of the essential components of the diet for not only the organ system but also for keeping the skin fresh and young and slow down ageing.
- Chemical peels are also available which contain many essential chemicals for the skin and remove the outer layer of the skin for promoting new growth which also results in removing the marks on the skin and remove traces with the production of new skin. However, while it is a good process, it can be very expensive and require great professional expertise to ensure proper application and that safety measures are taken.
- Retinol is a vitamin A compound and is used as an anti-wrinkle serum in many treatments and even, at times, in-home remedies. It helps in skin repair and removal of marks and wrinkles caused by stress or ageing.
- Tea extracts are also great for the treatment of wrinkles on the forehead. Grape seed extracts are also used for the same purpose in many serums. Both of these have skin healing properties and are rich in antioxidants. Apart from these, they are also anti-inflammatory in nature and keep the skin soft over time through their application.
- Avocado oil is used by many as an ingredient of masks for its hydrating properties.
The above techniques and home remedies for removing wrinkles from the forehead. Their application is not limited to forehead but can also be used in a wide range of problems such as skin damage and burns and even just for skin maintenance.
With time and patience and with the application of the techniques, wrinkles can be removed and not be fretted over. It is a very common problem and can be solved.